Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Rainbows and Butterflies

Well hey there.  This is my first journey into the blogging world and I must say, I’m pretty dang intimidated. I read a lot of blogs and all of the people who write them set a ridiculously high standard.  Then I read thetattooedteacher and she made me laugh so hard I was crying. Have you read her blog? Let me just tell you- she is hysterical. She tells it exactly like it is.  And that inspired me. I think I can do this and I can just be me. Something you should probably know if you’re going to spend any time here- I’m not all rainbows and butterflies.  Don’t get me wrong- I’d like to be. I love the blogging ladies who are.  I mean, for real. Who doesn’t just want to wrap Cara Carroll up in a big hug?  But that’s not really who I am.  I don’t really hug much. 

Yes, I teach first grade.  I love first grade. The curriculum, the kids, the have-to-pretend-to-be-peppy-and-call-everyone-friend-ten-thousand-times-a-day lifestyle.  But it is also heavy and scary.   Many of my students have parents who just can’t provide the support they’re going to need.  These kids have to get it from me, or they may never get it. Whoa. What a responsibility to take every single second of my life and make it worthy of that job- those little people.  Many of my kids have a scary life ahead of them, and they deserve the BEST I’ve got.  And then I also have two babies at home that deserve me too… and a husband… and a cat... and I feel that pressure and responsibility all dang day, every dang day.  So, nope.  You aren’t going to find rainbows and butterflies on this-here blog.  But you will find a girl working really hard to do things well who loves her job and somedays just has to laugh at the ridiculousness of it all. I hope you'll come back.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog Jeremie so I could find you! I am not a rainbow and butterfly blog either...I often feel like such a bad teacher after visiting other blogs. I want a glimpse into a "real" 1st grade classroom!

    Your kiddos are beautiful!

    I teach kiddos who need so much from me too because they don't get a lot from home either. It makes it harder but I feel blessed that I might be the only one to love them each day.

    I am your newest follower. I would love to have you as an "official" follower on my blog too! =)

    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete