Thursday, September 17, 2015

Stop. The. World.


My life has changed so much since I last was here. I changed school districts, went back to first, and then changed schools again! I'm now in a non-title school teaching first grade. And I feel like I can breathe again. I feel so good that I actually came up with a creative idea all by myself. It's been a LONG while since I did that. So here it is! 

We've been learning all about text features in nonfiction tests. We've labeled me, each other, the room. We've labeled. A lot. Then we wrote captions for random photos on the Internet. We used magazines and sticky labels and made these: 

I dug through my classroom library and pulled out all the nonfiction books I could find that included captions and labels and gave them out to my kids. They used the iPads to take pictures when they found one. After they had found a few we shared them on our appleTV and decided if they really were what we thought they were. I printed the pictures, we sorted them the next day onto the posters, and voila! My new principal now thinks we are doing really hard stuff! 

No comments:

Post a Comment