Uh, holy cow. TGIF for REAL! Let’s see- five random things. Here we go!
1. Last week we spent the week learning all about plants. They came in with so much background knowledge so I felt like we could totally run with it. We didn't take any time going through the parts of a plant or what a plant needs. We jumped right in to fun stuff like the parts of a plant that we eat. Here’s our bulletin board, inspired by First Grade Wizards. My kids are obsessed with these weird crazy eyes, and they insisted that we add them so I obliged. I guess they’re not so bad. Here is the writing prompt that's at the top. Super fast and easy and they really like it for some reason.
2. It was my week to take snacks to Addie’s preschool and mailed it in last month so I tried to do something a little more fun this time. Enter these little cuties! She loved picking out the colors for each kid and I was even brave enough to let her paint.
3. I got some big news recently. I will be looping to Second Grade next year with my very loveable class. Hold. The. Phone. Everyone tells me that I will love the content of Second but I have been in First for EVER and I’m a little terrified by the newness of it. Like I said before, my class is really great and they’re pretty excited that I’m coming with them but I think I’m a little in denial. There are some definite perks- my team can be a little toxic, I negotiated an actual reading table out of the deal... but I am still having to work on remembering this:
4. I got to school today and there was a surprise on my desk from my principal. I forgot to take a picture, but there were gardening gloves, a candle, treats and a Sonic gift card. She wrote me a sweet little card thanking me for all of my work on the yearbook. Sorta made my day.
5. Scandal is back for a few weeks and that just downright makes my heart happy.Um, Scott Foley just gets dreamier and dreamier. Loved him on Felicity, love him even more now.
12 days left!!! I can make it!!
Go check out the rest of the link ups!